What is the antonym of “book”?
The antonyms of book are e-book and audiobook. While book refers to a physical copy of a written work, e-book and audiobook are digital formats of the same content.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A digital version of a book that can be read on electronic devices such as computers, tablets, or e-readers.
She downloaded an e-book version of her favorite novel so she could read it on her phone during her commute.
A recording of a book being read aloud, often by a professional narrator.
He listened to an audiobook of his favorite memoir while driving to work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1E-book is a digital format of a book that can be read on electronic devices, while audiobook is a recording of a book being read aloud.
- 2E-book requires visual reading, while audiobook requires listening.
- 3E-book is suitable for people who prefer reading, while audiobook is suitable for people who prefer listening.
Good things to know
- 1Convenience: Use e-books and audiobooks for easy access to books without carrying physical copies.
- 2Multitasking: Listen to audiobooks while doing other activities such as driving, exercising, or cooking.
- 3Accessibility: Use e-books and audiobooks to access books in different languages or for people with visual impairments.
The antonyms of book are e-book and audiobook. While book refers to a physical copy of a written work, e-book and audiobook are digital formats of the same content. Use these antonyms for convenience, multitasking, and accessibility to books.