What is the antonym of “bothered”?
The antonyms of bothered are unconcerned and unperturbed. The antonyms unconcerned and unperturbed convey a lack of worry or anxiety. It implies a state of calmness, tranquility, or indifference.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not worried or anxious about something; feeling no concern.
She seemed unconcerned about the upcoming exam and didn't study much.
Not affected by something that would normally cause worry or disturbance.
Despite the loud noise outside, he remained unperturbed and continued reading his book.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unconcerned describes a person who is not worried or anxious about something.
- 2Unperturbed describes a person who is not affected by something that would normally cause worry or disturbance.
Good things to know
- 1Express Calmness: Use unconcerned and unperturbed to describe a state of calmness or tranquility.
- 2Show Indifference: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate a lack of interest or concern.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and add depth to the story.