What is the antonym of “brashest”?
The antonyms of brashest are meek, timid, and shy. These words describe a person's level of confidence or assertiveness. While brashest implies boldness and impudence, its antonyms convey a more reserved and cautious demeanor.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.
She was too meek to speak up in front of the boss.
Showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.
The timid kitten hid under the bed at the sound of thunder.
Nervous or timid in the company of other people.
He was too shy to ask her out on a date.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Meek describes a person who is submissive and easily imposed upon.
- 2Timid describes a person who lacks courage or confidence and is easily frightened.
- 3Shy describes a person who is nervous or timid in social situations.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different levels of confidence.
- 2Improve Communication: Incorporate these words in conversations to convey a person's demeanor more accurately.
- 3Develop Characters: Use these antonyms in creative writing to create distinct and relatable characters.
The antonyms of brashest are meek, timid, and shy. These words describe a person's level of confidence or assertiveness. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve communication, and develop distinct and relatable characters in creative writing.