What is the antonym of “bravely”?
The antonyms of bravely are cowardly, timidly, and fearfully. These antonyms describe a lack of courage, confidence, or boldness in the face of danger or difficulty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking courage or bravery; easily frightened or intimidated.
He acted cowardly and ran away when he saw the snake.
In a manner that shows a lack of courage or confidence; hesitantly or shyly.
She spoke timidly during the presentation and avoided eye contact with the audience.
In a manner that shows fear or anxiety; apprehensively or nervously.
He approached the haunted house fearfully, expecting to see ghosts and monsters.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cowardly describes a person who lacks courage and is easily frightened or intimidated.
- 2Timidly describes an action or behavior that shows a lack of confidence or boldness.
- 3Fearfully describes a feeling or emotion of fear or anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn and use these antonyms to express different shades of meaning.
- 2Character Development: Use these antonyms to create distinct personalities for characters in stories.
- 3Encourage Bravery: Use these antonyms to encourage others to be brave and confident in difficult situations.
The antonyms of bravely are cowardly, timidly, and fearfully. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, create distinct characters in stories, and encourage bravery in yourself and others.