What is the antonym of “bravura”?
The antonyms of bravura are mediocrity and ineptitude. The antonyms mediocrity and ineptitude convey a lack of skill or talent. It implies a substandard or below-average performance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state or quality of being average or ordinary; not outstanding.
The team's mediocrity was evident in their lackluster performance throughout the season.
Lack of skill or ability; incompetence.
His ineptitude in handling the project led to delays and cost overruns.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mediocrity is a general term that describes an average or ordinary level of performance.
- 2Ineptitude is a more specific term that describes a lack of skill or ability.
- 3Bravura is a term used to describe a brilliant or impressive display of skill or talent.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express opinions about performances, skills, or abilities.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Mediocrity conveys an average or ordinary level of performance, ineptitude denotes a lack of skill or ability, and bravura refers to a brilliant or impressive display of skill or talent. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich vocabulary by expanding your word choices.