What is the antonym of “breezed”?
The antonyms of breezed are struggled and labored. The antonyms struggled and labored convey a sense of difficulty or hardship. They imply that the action was not easy or effortless.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make a great effort to do something, often with difficulty or against resistance.
She struggled to lift the heavy box up the stairs.
Involving much effort or difficulty; requiring hard work.
The labored breathing of the patient indicated that he was in distress.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Struggled is a verb that describes the act of making a great effort to do something, often with difficulty or against resistance.
- 2Labored is an adjective that describes something that requires hard work or involves much effort or difficulty.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use struggled and labored to describe actions that require effort or are difficult.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding of someone's struggles.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.