What is the antonym of “brusquerie”?
The antonyms of brusquerie are politeness, courtesy, and gentleness. These antonyms convey a positive and courteous attitude towards others. They imply a respectful and considerate behavior that is polite and gentle.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Behavior that is respectful and considerate towards others; showing good manners and etiquette.
She always speaks with politeness and never interrupts others while they are speaking.
Behavior that shows respect and consideration towards others; polite and gracious behavior.
He showed courtesy by holding the door open for the elderly woman.
Having a mild and kind nature; being tender and compassionate.
The nurse treated the patient with gentleness and care.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Politeness refers to good manners and etiquette, while courtesy implies polite and gracious behavior.
- 2Gentleness is a more personal trait that describes a mild and kind nature.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use politeness, courtesy, and gentleness to show respect and consideration towards others.
- 2Improve Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to build better relationships with others.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create characters that are respectful and considerate towards others.
The antonyms of brusquerie convey a positive and courteous attitude towards others. Politeness and courtesy refer to respectful and considerate behavior, while gentleness describes a mild and kind nature. Use these words to enhance communication, improve relationships, and enrich writing by creating relatable and respectful characters.