What is the antonym of “bulk”?
The antonyms of bulk are minority, trace, and smattering. These antonyms convey a sense of smallness or insignificance, as opposed to the largeness or significance of bulk.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A smaller number or part; less than half of a total.
The minority of students in the class were able to solve the difficult math problem.
A very small amount or barely discernible indication.
There was only a trace of sugar left in the jar.
A small amount or number of something, especially when it is not enough or not important.
He only had a smattering of knowledge about the subject, so he couldn't answer all the questions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Minority refers to a smaller number or part, often less than half of a total.
- 2Trace refers to a very small amount or barely discernible indication.
- 3Smattering refers to a small amount or number, especially when it is not enough or not important.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to help you understand and remember new words and concepts.