What is the antonym of “burdon”?
The antonyms of burden are relief and aid. The antonyms relief and aid convey a sense of help or support. They imply the removal of a burden or difficulty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A feeling of reassurance and relaxation following release from anxiety or distress.
After submitting the final project, she felt a sense of relief knowing that it was over.
Help or support given to someone in need.
The government provided aid to the victims of the natural disaster.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Relief is a feeling of reassurance and relaxation following the removal of anxiety or distress.
- 2Aid is help or support given to someone in need.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use relief and aid to express gratitude for help or support received.
- 2Offer Assistance: Use aid to offer help or support to someone in need.
- 3Describe Emotions: Use relief to describe a feeling of reassurance and relaxation after a stressful situation.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Relief conveys a feeling of reassurance and relaxation, while aid refers to help or support given to someone in need. Use these words to express gratitude, offer assistance, and describe emotions.