What is the antonym of “cagey”?
The antonym of cagey is frank, open, and straightforward. The antonyms frank, open, and straightforward convey a sense of honesty, directness, and transparency. It implies a lack of secrecy, evasiveness, or ambiguity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Honest and direct in speech or behavior.
She was frank with her boss about the mistakes she made and how she planned to fix them.
Willing to share information, ideas, or feelings; not secretive or reserved.
He had an open mind and was willing to consider different perspectives on the issue.
Direct and clear in communication or action; easy to understand or deal with.
The instructions were straightforward and easy to follow, even for beginners.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Frank emphasizes honesty and directness in speech or behavior.
- 2Open emphasizes willingness to share information, ideas, or feelings.
- 3Straightforward emphasizes clarity and ease of understanding or dealing with something.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use frank, open, and straightforward to express honesty, transparency, and directness in conversations.
- 2Professionalism: Incorporate antonyms in business settings to demonstrate integrity and build trust.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create clear and concise messages that are easy to understand.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Frank emphasizes honesty and directness, open emphasizes willingness to share, and straightforward emphasizes clarity and ease of understanding. Use these words to enhance communication, demonstrate integrity in professional settings, and create clear and concise messages in writing.