What is the antonym of “canalise”?
The antonyms of canalise are scatter, disperse, and divert. The antonyms scatter, disperse, and divert convey the opposite meaning of canalise which is to direct or control something towards a specific goal or purpose.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To throw or distribute things in different directions.
The wind scattered the leaves all over the garden.
To spread out or move away from each other.
The crowd dispersed after the concert ended.
To change the direction or use of something.
The government decided to divert funds from the military to education.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Scatter implies throwing or distributing things in different directions without any specific goal or purpose.
- 2Disperse suggests spreading out or moving away from each other without any specific direction.
- 3Divert means changing the direction or use of something for a different purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and precision.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express ideas more accurately.