The Opposite(Antonym) of “cavilling”
The antonyms of cavilling are approving and praising. The antonyms approving and praising convey a positive or favorable attitude towards something. They imply that one is satisfied with the quality, value, or merit of something.
Definitions and Examples of approving, praising
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing or indicating agreement, acceptance, or satisfaction with something.
The teacher gave an approving nod to the student's answer.
Expressing admiration or approval for someone or something.
The manager gave a praising speech to the employees for their hard work.
Key Differences: approving vs praising
- 1Approving implies agreement or acceptance of something, while praising implies admiration or approval of someone or something.
- 2Approving is more neutral in tone, while praising is more positive and enthusiastic in tone.
Effective Usage of approving, praising
- 1Expressing Satisfaction: Use approving to express agreement or acceptance of something.
- 2Showing Admiration: Use praising to express admiration or approval of someone or something.
- 3Giving Feedback: Incorporate antonyms in feedback to provide a balanced and constructive evaluation of something.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Approving conveys agreement or acceptance, while praising conveys admiration or approval. Use these words to express satisfaction, show admiration, and give feedback by providing a balanced and constructive evaluation of something.