What is the antonym of “ceaselessness”?
The antonyms of ceaselessness are cessation, intermittence, and discontinuity. These antonyms describe a state of stopping, pausing, or breaking the continuity of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The fact or process of ending or being brought to an end.
The cessation of hostilities between the two countries was a relief for everyone.
The action of stopping and starting again at intervals.
The intermittence of the rain made it hard to plan outdoor activities.
A lack of continuity or regularity; a break or interruption in something.
The discontinuity in his work history raised some questions during the job interview.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cessation implies a complete stop or ending of something.
- 2Intermittence suggests a stop-and-start pattern with regular intervals.
- 3Discontinuity refers to a break or interruption in something that was previously continuous.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your sentences.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in your reading materials to better understand the context and meaning of the text.