What is the antonym of “centrality”?
The antonyms of centrality are peripheral, marginality, and insignificance. These words describe the opposite of being central or important. They convey a sense of being less significant or relevant.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or situated on the edge or periphery of something.
The company's peripheral products were not as profitable as its core offerings.
The state of being at the edge or margin of something; insignificance or unimportance.
The marginality of her role in the project made her feel undervalued.
The quality of being unimportant or trivial.
The minor typo in the report was of little significance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Peripheral refers to something that is on the edge or outside the main focus.
- 2Marginality describes a state of being at the edge or margin of something, often implying a lack of importance or influence.
- 3Insignificance refers to something that is not important or trivial.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and precision to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Express Ideas: Use these antonyms to express ideas and opinions about the importance or relevance of something.