What is the antonym of “chaffy”?
The word chaffy means worthless or of little value. The antonyms of chaffy are valuable and significant. These words convey the opposite meaning of chaffy and imply something that is important, useful, or has worth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having great worth or usefulness; important or precious.
The antique vase was very valuable and sold for a high price at the auction.
Having meaning or importance; noteworthy or consequential.
The discovery of a new species of animal was a significant event for the scientific community.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Valuable refers to something that has great worth or usefulness, while significant refers to something that has meaning or importance.
- 2Valuable can be used to describe something that is expensive or rare, while significant is used to describe something that has an impact or influence.
Good things to know
- 1In Business: Use valuable to describe assets, resources, or skills that are important for a company's success.
- 2In Academics: Use significant to describe research findings, discoveries, or events that have an impact on a field of study.
- 3In Daily Life: Use valuable and significant to express appreciation or admiration for people, things, or experiences that are important or meaningful.
The antonyms of chaffy are valuable and significant. While valuable refers to something that has great worth or usefulness, significant refers to something that has meaning or importance. Use these words in business, academics, and daily life to express appreciation, describe important events, or highlight valuable assets.