What is the antonym of “challenging”?
The antonyms of challenging are easy, simple, and undemanding. These words describe tasks or situations that require little effort, skill, or difficulty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Requiring little effort or skill; not difficult.
The math problem was so easy that even a child could solve it.
Not complicated or difficult; easy to understand or do.
The recipe for the cake was simple and required only a few ingredients.
Requiring little effort, attention, or skill; not challenging.
Her new job was undemanding and allowed her to have more free time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Easy implies that a task or situation requires little effort or skill.
- 2Simple suggests that a task or situation is not complicated or difficult to understand or do.
- 3Undemanding describes a task or situation that requires little effort, attention, or skill.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the level of difficulty of a task or assignment.
- 2Job Interviews: Incorporate these antonyms in interviews to describe your work preferences and strengths.
- 3Everyday Conversations: Utilize these antonyms to describe tasks or situations in daily life.