What is the antonym of “cherubic”?
The antonyms of cherubic are devilish, sinful, and wicked. These antonyms convey a negative or evil connotation, which is the opposite of the innocent and angelic meaning of cherubic.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing cunning or mischief; having the qualities of a devil.
The little boy had a devilish grin on his face as he played a prank on his sister.
Contrary to religious or moral principles; wicked or immoral.
The priest warned his congregation against committing sinful acts that would lead them away from God.
Evil or morally wrong; characterized by malice or ill intent.
The witch in the story was portrayed as a wicked character who wanted to harm the protagonist.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Devilish implies mischievousness or playfulness, while sinful and wicked suggest immorality and evil intent.
- 2Sinful is often used in a religious context, while wicked can be used in a broader sense to describe any evil or malicious behavior.
- 3Wicked is a stronger term than devilish and sinful, implying a more severe level of wrongdoing.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Creative Writing: Use these antonyms in creative writing to create complex and interesting characters.
- 3Moral Discussions: Discuss the concepts of good and evil using these antonyms to explore different perspectives.
The antonyms of cherubic are devilish, sinful, and wicked. These antonyms have different nuances, with devilish implying mischievousness, sinful suggesting immorality, and wicked indicating a more severe level of wrongdoing. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, create complex characters in creative writing, and discuss moral concepts.