What is the antonym of “chimaera”?
The antonyms of chimaera are reality and truth. The antonyms reality and truth convey a sense of factuality and authenticity. They imply something that is genuine, true, and not imagined.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.
The harsh reality of the situation was that they were running out of time to complete the project.
The quality or state of being in accordance with fact or reality.
He always spoke the truth, even when it was difficult.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reality refers to the actual state of things, while chimaera refers to something that is imagined or fanciful.
- 2Truth refers to something that is factual or in accordance with reality, while chimaera refers to something that is illusory or imaginary.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Misunderstandings: Use reality and truth to clarify misunderstandings and ensure accurate communication.
- 2Express Authenticity: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express authenticity and genuineness.
- 3Avoid Deception: Utilize these antonyms to avoid deception and promote honesty in communication.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Reality conveys the actual state of things, while truth refers to something that is factual. Use these words to clarify misunderstandings, express authenticity, and avoid deception in communication.