The Opposite(Antonym) of “chintzier”
The antonym of chintzier are luxurious, expensive, and high-quality. The antonyms luxurious, expensive, and high-quality convey a sense of high value, quality, and elegance. It implies something that is made with care and attention to detail.
Definitions and Examples of luxurious, expensive, high-quality
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Characterized by opulence, comfort, and extravagance.
The hotel room was luxurious with its king-size bed, marble bathroom, and stunning view of the city.
Costing a lot of money; having a high price.
The designer dress was too expensive for her budget, so she settled for a cheaper alternative.
Having superior characteristics or excellence in performance.
The restaurant prides itself on serving high-quality food made with fresh ingredients and expert techniques.
Key Differences: luxurious vs expensive vs high-quality
- 1Luxurious emphasizes the extravagance and comfort of something.
- 2Expensive focuses on the high cost of something.
- 3High-quality highlights the superior characteristics and excellence in performance of something.
Effective Usage of luxurious, expensive, high-quality
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use luxurious, expensive, and high-quality to describe products, services, and experiences.
- 2Express Preferences: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express preferences and opinions.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing to expand vocabulary and improve language skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Luxurious emphasizes extravagance and comfort, expensive focuses on high cost, and high-quality highlights superior characteristics. Use these words to enhance descriptions, express preferences, and enrich vocabulary to improve language skills.