What is the antonym of “churchly”?
The antonyms of churchly are irreligious, secular, and worldly. These antonyms describe a lack of religious or spiritual involvement, or a focus on worldly matters rather than spiritual ones.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking or showing a lack of religious faith or commitment.
He was an irreligious person who didn't believe in God or attend church.
Not connected with religious or spiritual matters; relating to the physical world and its concerns.
The school had a secular curriculum that focused on science, math, and literature.
Concerned with material things rather than spiritual or intellectual ones.
She was a worldly person who enjoyed luxury goods and exotic vacations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Irreligious describes a lack of religious faith or commitment.
- 2Secular refers to things that are not connected with religious or spiritual matters.
- 3Worldly describes a focus on material things rather than spiritual or intellectual ones.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Beliefs: Use these antonyms to describe different beliefs and attitudes towards religion and spirituality.
- 2Describe People: Use these antonyms to describe people's personalities and values.
- 3Analyze Texts: Use these antonyms to analyze texts and understand their underlying themes and messages.
The antonyms of churchly describe a lack of religious or spiritual involvement, or a focus on worldly matters rather than spiritual ones. Use these words to discuss beliefs, describe people, and analyze texts.