What is the antonym of “clannish”?
The antonym of clannish are inclusive, unbiased, and open-minded. The antonyms inclusive, unbiased, and open-minded convey a sense of openness, acceptance, and impartiality. It implies a lack of exclusivity, favoritism, or prejudice.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Covering or including everything or everyone; not excluding any particular group.
The company's hiring policy is inclusive and does not discriminate based on race, gender, or religion.
Not showing favoritism or prejudice towards a particular person, group, or idea.
The journalist's reporting was unbiased and presented both sides of the story.
Willing to consider new ideas or opinions; unprejudiced.
She was open-minded about trying new foods and enjoyed exploring different cuisines.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inclusive refers to covering or including everything or everyone, without exception.
- 2Unbiased refers to not showing favoritism or prejudice towards a particular person, group, or idea.
- 3Open-minded refers to being willing to consider new ideas or opinions, without being prejudiced or close-minded.
Good things to know
- 1Promote Diversity: Use inclusive to describe policies or practices that embrace diversity and inclusion.
- 2Ensure Fairness: Use unbiased to describe decisions or actions that are impartial and fair.
- 3Encourage Openness: Use open-minded to describe people who are receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Inclusive conveys a sense of covering everything or everyone, unbiased denotes impartiality, and open-minded refers to a willingness to consider new ideas. Use these words to promote diversity, ensure fairness, and encourage openness in conversations and interactions.