What is the antonym of “clicked”?
The antonyms of clicked are unclicked and deselected. These words convey the opposite meaning of selecting or choosing an option.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not selected or chosen by clicking a button or checkbox.
The email was marked as unclicked because the recipient did not open it.
Removed from a selection or choice that was previously made.
He deselected the item from his online shopping cart because he changed his mind.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unclicked refers to something that was never selected or clicked in the first place.
- 2Deselected refers to something that was previously selected or clicked but then removed from the selection.
Good things to know
- 1Computer Applications: Use these antonyms when working with computer applications that involve clicking buttons or checkboxes.
- 2Online Shopping: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing online shopping experiences.
- 3User Experience Design: Consider these antonyms when designing user interfaces that involve selecting or deselecting options.
The antonyms unclicked and deselected convey the opposite meaning of selecting or choosing an option. Unclicked refers to something that was never selected, while deselected refers to something that was previously selected but then removed from the selection. These antonyms can be used in computer applications, online shopping, and user experience design.