What is the antonym of “clothed”?
The antonyms of clothed are naked and bare. The antonyms naked and bare describe a state of being without clothing or covering.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Naked is an absolute term that describes a complete lack of clothing or covering.
- 2Bare is a relative term that describes a lack of the usual or appropriate covering or clothing.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use naked or bare to describe someone's physical appearance when they are not wearing clothes.
- 2Emphasizing Vulnerability: Use naked to emphasize someone's vulnerability or exposure.
- 3Describing Nature: Use bare to describe trees, landscapes, or other natural elements that lack their usual covering.
The antonyms naked and bare both describe a state of being without clothing or covering, but naked is an absolute term while bare is relative. Use these words to describe physical appearance, emphasize vulnerability, or describe nature.