What is the antonym of “coalesced”?
The antonyms of coalesced are separate and disperse. These words convey the opposite meaning of coming together or uniting. Instead, they imply a sense of breaking apart or spreading out.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To divide or disconnect something into distinct parts or groups.
She used a knife to separate the cake into equal slices.
To scatter or spread something over a wide area.
The wind caused the leaves to disperse across the yard.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies a physical or conceptual division of something into distinct parts or groups.
- 2Disperse implies a spreading out or scattering of something over a wide area.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use separate and disperse to create vivid descriptions and convey precise meanings.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate antonyms in daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Learning: Use these words to teach students about the concept of opposites and how to use them in sentences.
The antonyms of coalesced are separate and disperse. Use separate to describe a division of something into distinct parts or groups, and disperse to describe a spreading out or scattering of something over a wide area. Incorporate these words in writing, conversations, and learning activities to enhance communication and improve vocabulary.