The Opposite(Antonym) of “cognizable”
The antonyms of cognizable are unrecognizable and indiscernible. The antonyms unrecognizable and indiscernible convey a lack of clarity or recognition. It implies that something is not easily understood or identified.
Definitions and Examples of unrecognizable, indiscernible
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to be recognized or identified; not familiar or clear.
After the fire, the house was so badly damaged that it was unrecognizable.
Impossible to see, hear, or understand clearly.
The recording was so muffled that the words were indiscernible.
Key Differences: unrecognizable vs indiscernible
- 1Unrecognizable refers to something that cannot be recognized or identified due to damage or alteration.
- 2Indiscernible refers to something that cannot be seen, heard, or understood clearly due to poor quality or lack of clarity.
Effective Usage of unrecognizable, indiscernible
- 1Describing Physical Appearance: Use unrecognizable to describe something that has been altered beyond recognition.
- 2Explaining Concepts: Use indiscernible to describe something that is difficult to understand or perceive.
- 3Artistic Expression: Incorporate these antonyms in creative writing to add depth and nuance to descriptions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unrecognizable refers to something that cannot be recognized or identified, while indiscernible refers to something that cannot be seen, heard, or understood clearly. Use these words to describe physical appearance, explain concepts, and add depth to artistic expression.