What is the antonym of “cognizance”?
The antonyms of cognizance are ignorance and unawareness. The antonyms ignorance and unawareness convey a lack of knowledge or understanding about something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of knowledge or information about something.
Her ignorance about the topic was evident from her confused expression.
Lack of knowledge or consciousness about something.
Due to his unawareness of the situation, he made a wrong decision.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignorance refers to a lack of knowledge or information about something.
- 2Unawareness refers to a lack of knowledge or consciousness about something.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms in academic writing to express contrasting ideas.
- 2Everyday Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express different levels of understanding.
- 3Reading Comprehension: Identify these antonyms while reading to improve vocabulary and comprehension.
The antonyms of cognizance are ignorance and unawareness. Use ignorance to refer to a lack of knowledge or information about something, and unawareness to refer to a lack of knowledge or consciousness about something. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, everyday conversation, and reading comprehension exercises.