What is the antonym of “communalized”?
The antonyms of communalized are privatize, individualize, and personalize. These words convey the opposite meaning of making something more communal or shared. Instead, they imply a process of making something more private, individual, or personal.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To transfer ownership or control of something from the government or public sector to a private entity.
The government decided to privatize the healthcare system, which led to increased competition and efficiency.
To make something unique or specific to an individual; to distinguish or separate from others.
The company allowed employees to individualize their workspaces by adding personal touches like photos and decorations.
To make something more personal or tailored to an individual's preferences or needs.
The website allowed users to personalize their experience by choosing their favorite topics and receiving customized recommendations.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Privatize refers to transferring ownership or control of something from the government or public sector to a private entity.
- 2Individualize means making something unique or specific to an individual, while personalize means making something more tailored to an individual's preferences or needs.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use privatize to describe the process of transferring ownership or control of a business or service from the government to a private entity.
- 2Education: Use individualize to describe the process of tailoring education to meet the needs of individual students.
- 3Marketing: Use personalize to describe the process of tailoring marketing messages or products to meet the needs of individual customers.