What is the antonym of “communicativeness”?
The antonyms of communicativeness are reticence and unsociability. The antonyms reticence and unsociability convey a lack of willingness or ability to communicate with others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being reserved, quiet, or uncommunicative.
His reticence made it hard for others to get to know him.
The quality of being unfriendly, unapproachable, or unwilling to engage in social interaction.
Her unsociability made it difficult for her to make friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Reticence refers to a reserved or quiet nature that makes it hard for others to get to know someone.
- 2Unsociability refers to an unfriendly or unapproachable nature that makes it difficult for someone to engage in social interaction.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Understand Social Dynamics: Incorporate these antonyms to understand social dynamics and interpersonal relationships better.
- 3Enhance Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create nuanced characters and realistic dialogue.
The antonyms of communicativeness are reticence and unsociability. Use these words to improve your vocabulary, understand social dynamics, and enhance your writing by creating nuanced characters and realistic dialogue.