What is the antonym of “complaint”?
The antonyms of complaint are praise and compliment. The antonyms praise and compliment convey a positive or approving sentiment. It implies a feeling of admiration, approval, or satisfaction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express approval or admiration for someone or something.
The teacher praised the student for their excellent performance in the exam.
An expression of admiration, approval, or respect for someone.
She received many compliments on her new dress at the party.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a verb that describes an action of expressing approval or admiration.
- 2Compliment is a noun that describes a statement expressing admiration or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use praise and compliment to show appreciation and admiration for others.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate antonyms in emails, reports, and presentations to convey positive feedback.
- 3Personal Development: Practice giving and receiving praise and compliments to boost self-esteem and confidence.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise is a verb that describes an action of expressing approval or admiration, while compliment is a noun that describes a statement expressing admiration or approval. Use these words to show appreciation and admiration for others, convey positive feedback in professional settings, and boost self-esteem and confidence through personal development.