What is the antonym of “conceded”?
The antonyms of conceded are deny, refuse, and withhold. These words convey the opposite meaning of conceded, which means to admit or acknowledge something to be true.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To declare that something is not true or that one did not do something.
He will deny all accusations of wrongdoing.
To decline to do or give something; to reject an offer or request.
She will refuse to sign the contract if the terms are not favorable.
To keep back or refuse to give something that is due or owed.
The company will withhold payment until the work is completed to their satisfaction.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deny is used when someone declares that something is not true or that they did not do something.
- 2Refuse is used when someone declines to do or give something, such as rejecting an offer or request.
- 3Withhold is used when someone keeps back or refuses to give something that is due or owed.
Good things to know
- 1Legal Proceedings: Use deny in legal proceedings to refute allegations.
- 2Negotiations: Use refuse to decline offers or requests during negotiations.
- 3Financial Transactions: Use withhold in financial transactions to indicate that payment will not be made until certain conditions are met.
The antonyms of conceded are deny, refuse, and withhold. These words have distinct meanings and are used in different contexts. Use deny to refute allegations, refuse to decline offers or requests, and withhold to indicate that payment will not be made until certain conditions are met.