What is the antonym of “conceitless”?
The antonyms of conceitless are conceited, arrogant, and proud. These antonyms describe a person's attitude towards themselves, with conceitless being the opposite of the other three, which convey a sense of self-importance or superiority.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having an excessively favorable opinion of oneself; vain.
She was so conceited that she believed she was better than everyone else.
Having or showing a sense of superiority, self-importance, or entitlement.
His arrogant behavior made it difficult for others to work with him.
Feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's achievements, qualities, or possessions.
She was proud of her accomplishments and wanted to share them with others.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conceited implies an excessive and unwarranted sense of self-importance.
- 2Arrogant suggests a sense of superiority or entitlement over others.
- 3Proud conveys a sense of satisfaction or pleasure in one's achievements or qualities.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe people's attitudes towards themselves.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.