What is the antonym of “concentrate”?
The antonyms of concentrate are distract, divert, and scatter. These words describe actions that take away focus or attention from a particular task or object.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To draw someone's attention away from something; to divert one's focus.
The loud music outside the classroom distracted the students from their studies.
To cause someone or something to change course or direction; to redirect attention or resources.
The company decided to divert its funds towards research and development.
To throw or spread things in different directions; to disperse or separate.
The wind scattered the leaves all over the yard.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Distract implies an external force that takes away attention, while divert suggests a deliberate redirection of attention or resources.
- 2Scatter refers to the physical separation of objects, while distract and divert refer to the separation of attention or resources.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to create more vivid and descriptive sentences.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express thoughts and opinions more effectively.
The antonyms of concentrate are distract, divert, and scatter. These words describe actions that take away focus or attention from a particular task or object. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your conversations.