What is the antonym of “condescendingness”?
The antonyms of condescendingness are humility and modesty. The antonyms humility and modesty convey a positive trait of being humble, respectful, and unassuming. It implies a lack of arrogance, superiority, or condescension.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
He showed great humility by admitting his mistakes and apologizing.
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
She accepted the award with modesty and thanked her team for their support.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility is a personal quality that involves having a modest or low view of one's importance.
- 2Modesty is a behavior that involves being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humility and modesty to cultivate a positive attitude and build healthy relationships.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in workplace communication to demonstrate humility and avoid coming across as condescending.