What is the antonym of “condign”?
The antonyms of condign are undeserved, unjustified, and inappropriate. These antonyms convey a lack of deserving or fittingness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not earned or merited; not deserved.
She felt that the criticism she received was undeserved and unfair.
Not having a valid reason or justification.
The company's decision to lay off employees was unjustified and caused a lot of anger.
Not suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, or occasion.
His jokes during the funeral were inappropriate and offended many people.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undeserved implies a lack of merit or worthiness.
- 2Unjustified suggests a lack of valid reason or justification.
- 3Inappropriate conveys a lack of suitability or fittingness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Express Opinions: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions to express opinions and viewpoints.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these antonyms to clarify meanings and avoid misunderstandings in communication.
The antonyms of condign convey a lack of deserving or fittingness. Use undeserved, unjustified, and inappropriate to enhance your vocabulary, express opinions, and avoid misunderstandings in communication.