What is the antonym of “confided”?
The antonyms of confided are conceal, hide, and withhold. These words convey the opposite meaning of sharing or revealing information to someone. They imply keeping something secret or hidden from others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep something hidden or secret from others.
He tried to conceal his disappointment when he didn't get the job.
To put or keep something out of sight; to keep something secret or unknown.
She decided to hide her true feelings from her friends.
To refuse to give or share something; to keep something back.
He decided to withhold the information until he had more evidence.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conceal implies actively hiding something from others, while hide suggests putting something out of sight.
- 2Withhold implies intentionally keeping something back, while confided implies sharing something with someone.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of sharing or revealing information.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Be aware of these antonyms to avoid misunderstandings in conversations or written communication.
The antonyms of confided are conceal, hide, and withhold. These words convey the opposite meaning of sharing or revealing information to someone. Use them to enhance communication, improve vocabulary, and avoid misunderstandings.