What is the antonym of “conflated”?
The antonyms of conflated are separate and divide. These words convey the opposite meaning of combining or merging things into a single entity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To divide or disconnect something into distinct parts or groups.
He decided to separate his clothes by color before washing them.
To split or distribute something into smaller parts or portions.
The teacher asked the students to divide into groups and work on different projects.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies dividing something into distinct parts or groups, while conflate means merging them into a single entity.
- 2Divide suggests splitting something into smaller parts or portions, whereas conflate implies combining them into a larger whole.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different processes or outcomes in research papers or essays.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these words to explain different strategies or approaches in presentations or reports.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to clarify different actions or decisions in casual conversations.
The antonyms of conflated are separate and divide. Use separate to describe dividing something into distinct parts or groups, and divide to suggest splitting something into smaller parts or portions. These words can be used in academic writing, business communication, and everyday conversation to clarify different processes, strategies, or actions.