What is the antonym of “conflicting”?
The antonyms of conflicting are compatible, consistent, and harmonious. These words convey a sense of agreement, consistency, and cooperation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to exist or work together without conflict.
Their personalities were so compatible that they never argued or disagreed.
Marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity.
She was always consistent in her work, never missing a deadline or making mistakes.
Marked by agreement in feeling, attitude, or action.
The choir's singing was so harmonious that it brought tears to everyone's eyes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Compatible refers to things that can coexist or work together without conflict.
- 2Consistent refers to things that are marked by regularity or steady continuity.
- 3Harmonious refers to things that are marked by agreement in feeling, attitude, or action.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use compatible to describe people who get along well or have similar interests.
- 2Workplace: Use consistent to describe someone who is reliable and dependable.
- 3Music and Art: Use harmonious to describe things that are pleasing to the ear or eye.
The antonyms of conflicting are compatible, consistent, and harmonious. Use these words to describe relationships, workplace behavior, and music/art. Remember that compatible refers to coexistence, consistent refers to regularity, and harmonious refers to agreement.