What is the antonym of “confounding”?
The antonyms of confounding are clear, understandable, and simple. These antonyms describe something that is easy to comprehend, straightforward, and not confusing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy for everyone to follow.
Able to be comprehended or grasped mentally; intelligible.
Her explanation was so understandable that even a beginner could follow along.
Easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty.
The math problem was so simple that even a child could solve it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear implies that something is easy to perceive or understand.
- 2Understandable suggests that something can be comprehended or grasped mentally.
- 3Simple means that something is easy to understand or do, and presents no difficulty.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to clarify complex concepts and ideas.
- 2Everyday Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express ideas more clearly.
- 3Teaching: Utilize these antonyms to explain difficult topics to students.