What is the antonym of “congested”?
The antonyms of congested are clear, unblocked, and uncrowded. These words describe a state opposite to that of congestion, which means overcrowding or blockage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from obstructions or impediments; easy to pass through or see.
The doctor said my lungs were clear and healthy.
Not obstructed or blocked; free from obstacles or barriers.
After using the plunger, the toilet was finally unblocked and working properly.
Not crowded or filled to capacity; having plenty of space or room.
We decided to visit the beach during the off-season when it's uncrowded and peaceful.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear implies that there are no physical obstructions or impediments.
- 2Unblocked suggests that something that was previously blocked is now free from obstacles.
- 3Uncrowded describes a place or space that is not filled to capacity and has plenty of room.
Good things to know
- 1Directions: Use clear and unblocked to give directions or instructions.
- 2Health: Use clear to describe a healthy body part or system.
- 3Travel: Use uncrowded to describe a peaceful and relaxing travel destination.
The antonyms of congested are clear, unblocked, and uncrowded. Use clear to describe a lack of physical obstructions, unblocked to describe something that was previously blocked but is now free, and uncrowded to describe a place or space that is not filled to capacity.