What is the antonym of “connatural”?
The antonym of connatural is unnatural and acquired. The antonyms unnatural and acquired convey a different meaning than connatural.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal or artificial.
The color of the sky turned unnatural after the volcanic eruption.
Developed or learned through experience or education.
He had an acquired taste for spicy food after traveling to India.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unnatural describes something that is not natural or normal, while connatural refers to something that is innate or inherent.
- 2Acquired describes something that is learned or developed through experience, while connatural refers to something that is natural and present from birth.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use unnatural and acquired to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Science and Philosophy: Use connatural in scientific and philosophical contexts to describe innate characteristics or qualities.
- 3Literature and Creative Writing: Use these antonyms in narratives to create contrast and tension between characters or settings.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Unnatural describes something that is not natural, while acquired refers to something that is learned. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, describe innate characteristics, and create contrast in narratives.