What is the antonym of “conscienceless”?
The antonyms of conscienceless are conscientious, scrupulous, and ethical. These words describe people who have a strong sense of right and wrong, and act accordingly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Wishing to do what is right, especially to do one's work or duty well and thoroughly.
She is a conscientious student who always completes her assignments on time.
Diligent in attending to details; having high moral standards.
He is a scrupulous businessman who always follows ethical practices.
Relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.
The company has an ethical code of conduct that all employees must follow.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conscientious describes someone who is diligent and thorough in their work or duty.
- 2Scrupulous describes someone who has high moral standards and pays attention to details.
- 3Ethical describes something that is morally right or acceptable according to established principles.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use conscientious and scrupulous to describe employees who are diligent and have high moral standards.
- 2Academics: Use conscientious to describe students who are diligent and thorough in their studies.
- 3Business: Use ethical to describe companies or individuals who follow moral principles and established codes of conduct.
The antonyms of conscienceless are conscientious, scrupulous, and ethical. These words describe people who have a strong sense of right and wrong, and act accordingly. Use these words to describe diligent employees, students, and businesses that follow moral principles.