What is the antonym of “consultation”?
The antonyms of consultation are ignorance and neglect. The antonym ignorance implies a lack of knowledge or information, while neglect implies a lack of attention or care.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of knowledge or information about something.
Due to his ignorance of the local customs, he unintentionally offended his hosts.
Fail to care for properly; disregard or ignore.
If you neglect your health, you may suffer from various illnesses.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignorance refers to a lack of knowledge or information, while consultation refers to seeking advice or guidance from someone.
- 2Neglect refers to a lack of attention or care, while consultation implies actively seeking input or feedback from others.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use consultation to describe a process of seeking advice or guidance from colleagues or experts.
- 2Education: Use ignorance to describe a lack of knowledge or understanding in a particular subject.
- 3Parenting: Use neglect to describe a failure to provide adequate care or attention to children.
The antonyms of consultation are ignorance and neglect. Use ignorance to describe a lack of knowledge or information, and neglect to describe a lack of attention or care. In professional settings, use consultation to describe the process of seeking advice or guidance from colleagues or experts.