Definitions and Examples of neglect, disregard, thoughtlessness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Fail to care for or attend to properly.
He neglected his studies and failed the exam.
Pay no attention to; ignore.
She disregarded the warning signs and got lost in the woods.
Lack of consideration for others; careless or impulsive behavior.
His thoughtlessness caused him to say hurtful things to his friends.
Key Differences: neglect vs disregard vs thoughtlessness
- 1Neglect implies a lack of care or attention towards something or someone.
- 2Disregard suggests intentionally ignoring or paying no attention to something.
- 3Thoughtlessness refers to careless or impulsive behavior that lacks consideration for others.
Effective Usage of neglect, disregard, thoughtlessness
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to create contrast and add depth to your writing.
- 3Develop Critical Thinking: Analyze situations where these antonyms can be applied to develop critical thinking skills.
The antonyms of contemplation are neglect, disregard, and thoughtlessness. These words convey the opposite meaning of contemplation, which is the act of thinking deeply about something. Use these antonyms to improve your vocabulary, enhance your writing, and develop critical thinking skills.