What is the antonym of “contradictable”?
The antonyms of contradictable are undeniable, indisputable, and irrefutable. These words convey a sense of certainty and truthfulness, implying that there is no doubt or room for argument.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Impossible to deny or dispute; clearly true or evident.
It is undeniable that the earth revolves around the sun.
Not open to question or argument; beyond doubt or controversy.
The evidence presented in court was indisputable and convinced the jury of his guilt.
Impossible to refute or disprove; beyond contradiction.
The scientist's findings were irrefutable and changed the way we understand the universe.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undeniable implies that something is so obvious or true that it cannot be denied or disputed.
- 2Indisputable suggests that something is beyond question or controversy and cannot be argued against.
- 3Irrefutable indicates that something is impossible to refute or disprove and beyond contradiction.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to strengthen arguments and support claims.
- 2Debates: Incorporate these antonyms to express strong opinions and convince others.
- 3News Reporting: Utilize these antonyms to report facts and events with accuracy and credibility.
The antonyms undeniable, indisputable, and irrefutable convey a sense of certainty and truthfulness, implying that there is no doubt or room for argument. Use these words to strengthen arguments, express strong opinions, and report facts and events with accuracy and credibility.