What is the antonym of “controverted”?
The antonym of controverted is accepted and uncontroversial. The antonyms accepted and uncontroversial convey a sense of agreement or lack of dispute. It implies that something is widely recognized, acknowledged, or undisputed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Generally agreed upon or recognized; commonly believed or acknowledged.
It is an accepted fact that smoking causes lung cancer.
Not causing any disagreement or dispute; not likely to be challenged or opposed.
The speaker's opening remarks were uncontroversial and received no objections.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accepted refers to something that is widely recognized or acknowledged.
- 2Uncontroversial refers to something that is not likely to cause disagreement or opposition.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use accepted and uncontroversial to describe established facts or widely accepted theories.
- 2Debates and Discussions: Incorporate these antonyms to express agreement or disagreement in a clear and concise manner.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these words to convey a sense of agreement or lack of dispute in business or workplace settings.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Accepted conveys a sense of recognition or acknowledgement, while uncontroversial implies a lack of disagreement or opposition. Use these words in academic writing, debates, discussions, or professional communication to express agreement or convey established facts.