What is the antonym of “conveyed”?
The antonyms of conveyed are withheld, kept, and concealed. These words describe the opposite of conveying or communicating something. They imply that information is being hidden or not shared.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To hold back or keep something from being known or disclosed.
He withheld the truth about his past from his new friends.
To retain possession of; to not give away or share.
She kept her feelings to herself and didn't tell anyone how she really felt.
Hidden or kept secret; not easily seen or noticed.
The thief had a concealed weapon in his pocket.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Withheld implies that information is being intentionally kept from someone.
- 2Kept implies that something is being retained or held onto, rather than shared or given away.
- 3Concealed implies that something is hidden or not easily seen or noticed.
Good things to know
- 1In Communication: Use these antonyms to describe situations where information is not being shared or communicated.
- 2In Writing: Incorporate these antonyms to create suspense or tension in a story.
- 3In Everyday Life: Use these antonyms to describe situations where someone is not being honest or transparent.
The antonyms of conveyed are withheld, kept, and concealed. These words describe situations where information is not being shared or communicated. Use them to create suspense in writing, describe dishonesty in everyday life, and enhance communication by using the appropriate word to convey the intended meaning.