What is the antonym of “corker”?
The word corker means something that is excellent or outstanding. The antonyms of corker are dud and flop. These words convey a negative meaning and describe something that is unsuccessful or disappointing.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Something that fails to work properly or meet expectations.
The new product turned out to be a dud as it didn't sell well and received negative reviews.
A complete failure or disaster, especially in the entertainment industry.
The movie was a flop at the box office, and the critics panned it for its poor storyline and bad acting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dud refers to something that doesn't work correctly or meet expectations, while flop describes a complete failure or disaster.
- 2Dud can be used for any product or service that fails to deliver, while flop is mostly used in the entertainment industry.
Good things to know
- 1Product Reviews: Use dud to describe a product that doesn't work correctly or meet expectations.
- 2Entertainment Industry: Use flop to describe a movie, play, or show that is a complete failure.
- 3Everyday Conversations: Use these antonyms to express disappointment or dissatisfaction with something.