What is the antonym of “cosmeticize”?
The antonyms of cosmeticize are expose and reveal. The antonyms expose and reveal convey the opposite meaning of cosmeticize, which is to hide or cover up something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make visible or known something that was previously hidden or secret.
The journalist's investigation helped expose the corruption in the government.
To make something known that was previously unknown or secret.
The magician's trick was to reveal the card that the audience member had chosen.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Expose implies making something visible or known that was previously hidden or secret.
- 2Reveal implies making something known that was previously unknown or secret.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use expose and reveal to describe research findings or discoveries.
- 2Journalism: Incorporate these antonyms in news articles to report on uncovered information.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create suspense and plot twists.