What is the antonym of “cotemporary”?
The antonyms of contemporary are ancient, historical, and old-fashioned. These words have different meanings and can be used in various contexts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Belonging to the very distant past and no longer in existence.
The pyramids of Egypt are an ancient wonder of the world.
Relating to the past, especially to events or people that are significant and noteworthy.
The museum has a collection of historical artifacts from different periods.
Outdated or not in keeping with current fashion or style.
My grandmother still wears old-fashioned dresses from the 1950s.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ancient refers to something that is very old and no longer exists.
- 2Historical refers to something that is related to the past and has significance.
- 3Old-fashioned refers to something that is outdated or not in keeping with current fashion or style.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Enrich Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and convey historical context.
- 3Cultural Understanding: Learn about different cultures by exploring their ancient and historical landmarks and traditions.
The antonyms of contemporary are ancient, historical, and old-fashioned. These words have different meanings and can be used in various contexts. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, enrich your writing, and gain cultural understanding.