What is the antonym of “counterpoise”?
The antonyms of counterpoise are imbalance and unsteadiness. The antonyms imbalance and unsteadiness convey a lack of stability or balance. They imply that something is not equal or steady.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A lack of proportion or equality between different things.
The imbalance in the distribution of resources led to social unrest.
The quality of being unstable or shaky.
The unsteadiness of the ladder made it dangerous to climb.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Imbalance refers to a lack of proportion or equality between different things.
- 2Unsteadiness refers to the quality of being unstable or shaky.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use counterpoise, imbalance, and unsteadiness to add variety to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Discussions: Utilize these antonyms in discussions to express ideas more effectively.